[ome-users] Unable to open lif file

Mark Hiner hiner at wisc.edu
Tue Apr 14 13:11:40 BST 2015

Hi all,

>Can you briefly tell me what I need to do exactly in Fiji to be able to
read my file with the solution.

>For Fiji, it's a bit more annoying because you first have to remove all
the existing files related to bioformats before doing this.

Note that Roger's instructions only apply to testing Fiji/ImageJ with
unmerged branches. Once
https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/pull/1724 is merged, all you
need to do is enable the Bio-Formats update site (
http://imagej.net/How_to_follow_a_3rd_party_update_site) which is
synchronized with the develop branch (
https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats). You would not need to
manually modify any .jars, and should not need to wait for a 5.1.1 release
to test this fix.

But note that even with this patch on the Bio-Formats update site, using a
non-release version of Bio-Formats gives up reproducibility (
http://imagej.net/Architecture#Reproducible_builds) and should only be used
for testing - as Roger suggested.

Best,
Mark