[ome-users] Sharing with OMERO.web

Woodbridge, Mark R m.woodbridge at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Feb 4 11:21:38 GMT 2010

Thanks Aleksandra. We have our own authentication code in JdbcPasswordProvider.java that checks for the user in Active Directory (via LDAP) and falls back to local password if they're not in LDAP. This is necessary to deal with off-campus users. It would be good if alternative authentication schemes were supported natively by OMERO but I think each institution will have its own particular requirements. For example, we're experimenting with giving regular usernames to university users but using email addresses as usernames for external users so that we don't get username clashes (and we don't needlessly check LDAP).

Mark.