[ome-users] Accessing web interfaces from other computers

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Mon Mar 30 23:56:23 BST 2009

Hello Josh and Mark,

> I tried 'bin/omero config simple' but
> that returned:
>
>   bin/omero config simple?
>
> Where did you see these commands? I'm not quite sure where it could
> have come from. See:

Sorry, that was my mistake, I meant 'bin/omero setup simple', which does
cause the 'unhashable type' output. python is 2.5.2 and java is 1.6.0_12 ,
in case that's still relevant.

Regarding remote connections, I tried adding that option in templates.xml
and it didn't work, as Mark said. I tried the IP of the machine, as well
as 0.0.0.0, with and without http:// in front, and it always caused an
exception when starting the server. Something like this:

2009-03-30 23:18:35,214 INFO  [                ome.services.blitz.Entry] (
main) Creating http://172.22.50.131:8000. Please wait...
2009-03-30 23:18:35,506 ERROR [                ome.services.blitz.Entry] (
main) Error on startup.
org.springframework.beans.factory.access.BootstrapException: Unable to
return specified BeanFactory instance: factory key
[http://172.22.50.131:8000], from grou
p with resource name [classpath*:beanRefContext.xml]; nested exception is
org.sp
ringframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named
'http://172.22.50.131:8000' is defined

--------

The good news is I tried Mark's suggestion and it worked, so thanks for
that. If you need more feedback to understand why it's not working with
templates.xml I can send the whole log, or try to figure out if I'm doing
something wrong with the <option>.

Best,
Paulo