[ome-users] Accessing web interfaces from other computers

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Mon Mar 30 17:01:48 BST 2009

Hi,

I can access the webadmin and webclient interfaces from the server, but not
from other machines.

nmap says port 8000 is closed, and the output of:

netstat -an |grep 8000

is:

tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:8000          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

I think that means it is only listening on 127.0.0.1?  If so, how do I make
omero listen to computers other than localhost? I tried 'bin/omero config
simple' (and advanced) but that returned:

unhashable type

I also looked around on the etc directory, especially omero.properties, but I
couldn't figure it out.

Thanks,
Paulo