[ome-users] Omero4 installation - [Errno 2] No such file or directory

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Mon Mar 30 20:35:10 BST 2009

Mark Woodbridge writes:
 > Hi,

Hey Mark,

 > I'm seeing the same error on RHEL, though no problems with
 > Ubuntu. I'm probably missing some RPMs but not sure which...
 >
 > [cisbic at omero omero-Beta4.0.0]$ bin/omero config set omero.data.dir
 > /misc/data/omero4
 > [Errno 2] No such file or directory

As with the errors re: icegrid*, this error actually means that
bin/omero is not able to call an executable on your PATH. (This is a
regression which I've filed as #1289). The only executable that
bin/omero tries to call is "java". Is it possible that that's not
available?

 > [cisbic at omero omero-Beta4.0.0]$ ls /misc/data
 > omero4
 >
 > [root at omero ~]# which icegridnode
 > /usr/bin/icegridnode
 > [root at omero ~]# which icebox
 > /usr/bin/icebox
 > [root at omero ~]# which icegridregistry
 > /usr/bin/icegridregistry
 >
 > Is there any way to make the error a bit more verbose?

Definitely. Try:

DEBUG=1 bin/omero config get

 > Mark.

Best wishes,