[ome-users] icegridnode: error: property `Ice.Default.Locator' is not set

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Wed Dec 30 21:03:16 GMT 2009

Arcieri, Kenneth (NIH/NICHD) [V] writes:

 > I resolved the problem, but now I have another one!

Great!. What was the trick? (I'm sure others will run into the same
problem)

 > If I want the server to start when the machine starts up, do you
 > have any documentation on how to do this?  When I start the server
 > up manually it works fine, but when I start the server up as a
 > service it cannot find the "Ice" python library.  I did set the
 > python path, but I have a feeling there is another path that isn't
 > set in the .profile file that I am missing.

If you have a startup script from which you source .profile along with
something like .bashrc, you should have all the same environment
settings as when you login, but it depends on the OS and what's been
set.

I don't think there's currently any documentation for this. I added a
ticket:

  https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/ticket/1728

to make sure some gets added for 4.2. To do this properly, you will
need an init.d script (linux) or a launchd entry (osx). I know some
others have created something similar. Anyone up for contributing?

~Josh.