[ome-users] icegridnode: error: property `Ice.Default.Locator' is not set

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Dec 29 10:46:11 GMT 2009

Hi Kenneth,

our apologies: your email slipped through the ASCB/holidays crack. Did
you have any luck getting your server started? If not, could you
possibly zip up the files under var/log and send them to me. (Off list
is fine)

Arcieri, Kenneth (NIH/NICHD) [V] writes:
 > I'm trying to launch the Omero server on a mac machine, but when I
 > run: "bin/omero admin start"
 >
 > I get: Waiting on startup. Use CTRL-C to exit
 > .............................Failed to startup after 5 minutes
 >

 > When I tired to find out what the problem is, I found that it might
 > be related to icegridnode.  When I run icegridnode I get the
 > following error: icegridnode: error: property `Ice.Default.Locator'
 > is not set

Do you mean that you tried to run "icegridnode" by itself? If so, then
the error message is expected. icegridnode needs several configuration
files (e.g. internal.cfg & master.cfg) which is part of what
'bin/omero admin start' takes care of.

 > Any recommendations on where to go from here?

You could also send us the output of:

  bin/omero admin diagnostics

 > Thanks,
 > Kenneth Arcieri