[ome-users] icegridnode: error: property `Ice.Default.Locator' is not set

Arcieri, Kenneth (NIH/NICHD) [V] kenneth.arcieri at nih.gov
Thu Dec 3 21:04:11 GMT 2009

I'm trying to launch the Omero server on a mac machine, but when I run:
"bin/omero admin start"

I get:
Waiting on startup. Use CTRL-C to exit
.............................Failed to startup after 5 minutes

When I tired to find out what the problem is, I found that it might be related to icegridnode.
When I run icegridnode I get the following error:
icegridnode: error: property `Ice.Default.Locator' is not set

Any recommendations on where to go from here?

Thanks,
Kenneth Arcieri