[ome-users] Initialize the OMERO database

Smith, Stuart C Stuart.C.Smith at pfizer.com
Wed Apr 8 17:04:33 BST 2009

Hi, I'm sure this will be a very basic question to most of you, but I
have been asked to set up a PC running the OMERO server installation and
have followed the Windows installation document upto the point where you
are asked to "Initialize the OMERO database" with the script...

$ cd C:\omero-Beta4.0.0\

$ bin\omero db script

Please enter omero.db.version [OMERO4]:

Please enter omero.db.patch [0]:

Please enter password for new OMERO root user:

Please re-enter password for new OMERO root user:

Saving to C:\omero-Beta4.0.0\OMERO4__0.sql

$

But have tried pasting into a cmd window, but it doesn't like it. I
therefore tried the first line & realised that it wasn't even changing
directories, therefore removed the 1st "$" char & that worked, but then
got stuck on the 2nd line.  Can someone please help me initialize the
DB.

Also, as I was unsure if it had worked, although I wasn't prompted for
the password as I added it to the script manually so I tried the next
step of populating the database by copying the script in the
installation document into "SQL Shell (psql)" and this errored, but was
this because I hadn't initialized the db?

Any help you guys can offer would be great as I have been asked to set
this up to see if the software is useful to us.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart