[ome-users] Omero Beta 4 installation problems

Zoltan Cseresnyes zcseresn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 19:48:13 BST 2009

Steve,

If I may contribute a bit, although I'm nowhere near as conversant in these
as Chris, obviously.  I had a similar problem as yours; the solution in my
case was to go back to postgres, drop the omero database and user and then
re-create the omero user and database (and language binding) again.   Then
do the "bin/omero db script" and choose a NEW password for omero's root!!
Then run the psql bit for the OMERO4__0.sql and make sure that you get no
error messages.  Then start the omero server and log in on webadmin with the
new password as root.  It worked for me.
   Hope this helps,

Zoltan

Zoltan Cseresnyes
Facility manager, Imaging Suite