[ome-users] Defining the size of pixels

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Fri Apr 3 12:58:13 BST 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 11:04 +0000, Paulo Almeida wrote:
> Hi Chris,

Hi Paulo.

> Thanks, I had missed the "Metadata Defaults" tab. Just to clarify: Does that
> work even if the image has metadata but it is wrong, or only when there is no
> pixel metadata at all? The images I saw yesterday did have a (wrong) pixel
> size, but I don't know if it was being imported or if it's an OMERO default.

Prior to 4.0.0 there was a default of 1.0 for all physical pixel sizes
if they were not provided. In 4.0.0, physical pixel sizes are optional
so assuming you imported the file using 4.0.0 clients and server I'd say
the values you're seeing are definitely from the file.

The intention of the dialog historically was to provide a way for the
user to override the default metadata population (ie. 1.0) for a
singular import and not to override the metadata in the original file.
Since these fields are now optional the dialog's intent is still valid.
I'm not sure about overriding the metadata in the original file... gets
us into some muddy water rather quickly.

Thoughts?

> Best,
> Paulo

Ciao.