[ome-users] Defining the size of pixels

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Fri Apr 3 14:53:44 BST 2009

Hi Chris,

I did import the files with 4.0.0 clients, but I will try again and set the
pixel size in the importer, just to see if it makes a difference.

I remember that overriding metadata was discussed in last year's OME meeting,
and I agree it is not good. That was the main reason for my suggestion of
doing it at the level of the Measurement Tool, but then again, if you don't
store it you will have to do it every time you open the picture... unless you
have a set of user-defined pixel sizes that you can quickly select. So, for
instance, if you click on "My Electron Microscopy Format", it changes the
pixel size to what you defined. Obviously this only makes sense if enough
people have that need.

Best,
Paulo