[ome-users] ome-users Digest, Vol 32, Issue 14

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Fri Nov 16 13:47:20 GMT 2007

Oliver Mueller writes:
 > But when I change line 2 to
 > $ cd ~/omero-3.0-Beta2.2/omero
 >
 > at least the Rev.Num is correct (maybe you can change this on your website)

Great. Thanks for the
catch. https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/OmeroUpgrade
has been updated.

 > 14:03:04,162 INFO  [ServerVersionCheck] OMERO Version: 3.0-TRUNK (Rev:
 > 1701) Ready.
 >

 > I can load the WebAdmin Console, but I cannot log in (and OMERO.insight
 > & .importer still do not see the server).
 >
 > The new log file is attached to this mail (this time, I also hit Ctl-C
 > ;-)  ).

:) Ok. That still looks like a perfectly "normal" startup, ignoring
the obviously nasty postgres exception which really is harmless. For
example, the line:

[DBPatchCheck] Verified database patch: OMERO3__5

accesses the db. Being able to access WebAdmin only says that JBoss
has properly loaded the web archive (war) as I suppose it has also
loaded the ear.

This is sounding more like a database issue, i.e. your authentication
information isn't available. Can you take a look at your database
omero3 and let me know if things look as you expect them to. Offlist
you can might me the results of

psql omero3 -c " select * from experimenter"
psql omero3 -c " select * from experimentergroup"
psql omero3 -c " select * from groupexperimentermap"
psql omero3 -c " select experimenter_id from password"

More specifically:

select e.id, e.omename, g.name
   from experimenter e, password p, experimentergroup g, groupexperimentermap m
   where e.omename='josh' and e.id = m.child and m.parent = g.id and
   e.id = p.experimenter_id;

should return two rows for you to be able to successfully login. If
that doesn't seem to be the cause of problems, we'll have to dig
further.

Best wishes,
Josh.