[ome-users] Find Spots trouble

Gloria Torralba torralba at kip.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Nov 20 14:20:57 GMT 2007

Hello,

Sorry if that is documented elsewhere but I did not find anything
related in the mailing list.
We want to use OME as a secure and available system to store and share
image data. But we would like also to do analysis.

We have currently installed version 2.6.1. With both, web interface
client (Win and IE) and java client (Shoola ver. 2.2) is possible to
access the data server, create datasets, projects, annotate, importing
images. Exporting and importing from/to ImageJ and VisBio seems also to
be okay. Exported ome-xml format is readable in ImageJ and so on. We
have the SVG viewer installed and we can also visualize image (z>1,
t>1).

But running Find Spots never worked, neither when we had an older
version (2.4.0) one year ago.  I read carefully the tutorial about, and
I run FindSpots over some images test with the correct threshold values
calculated as the document suggests. "View Chain Results" reports about
an "Analysis chain Find and Track Spots" executed, but any information
about the spots is displayed ( "View graphic overlays" shows the same
original image, and neither the popup "overlays"  or "overlay manager"
are present in the viewer). The tabular interface for displaying the
output of analysis modules is also empty?

Last, I run findspots over  the same image example (cb_1.r3d) as in
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/getting-started/analysis.html, using this
time the same values for threshold as in the web-example (may be the
threshold before was wrong calculated and nothing was "found"), but
again I got the same results. What I am doing wrong? Error logs are not
also found.

I would appreciate very much your help. GetGraphics.pm at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/OME/Web is the one without the bug.

Many thanks in advance, Gloria