[ome-users] Insufficient memory running Omero server

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Fri Nov 9 19:15:34 GMT 2007

Hi,

I was running Omero 3.0 Beta 2.2 and I received an out of memory error from
the server (I'm sorry, I don't have the exact error message anymore). I have
been reading about it and a solution seems to be to allocate more memory to
the java virtual machine. Is this common when running Omero? How much memory
would be reasonable to use? Or do you think something else might be wrong
that caused this? It only happened once and now the server seems stable (I
haven't changed any memory settings, I just restarted the server).

- Paulo Almeida