[ome-users] Insufficient memory running Omero server

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Mon Nov 12 16:47:50 GMT 2007

On 9 Nov 2007, at 19:15, Paulo Almeida wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Paulo.

> I was running Omero 3.0 Beta 2.2 and I received an out of memory
> error from
> the server (I'm sorry, I don't have the exact error message
> anymore). I have
> been reading about it and a solution seems to be to allocate more
> memory to
> the java virtual machine. Is this common when running Omero? How
> much memory
> would be reasonable to use? Or do you think something else might be
> wrong
> that caused this? It only happened once and now the server seems
> stable (I
> haven't changed any memory settings, I just restarted the server).

We're tracking this here:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/ticket/834

Not sure exactly what's causing the problem (we were just able to
reproduce this today) but if you could "grep" your JBoss logs
($OMERO_HOME/jboss-4.2.1.GA/server/default/log) for "PermGen" and
give me some of the context surrounding any lines you see come up,
that'd be great.

> - Paulo Almeida

Ciao.

-Chris