[ome-users] Analysis work and Execute chain in OME Java clien t (Shoola) ?

Josiah Johnston siah at nih.gov
Wed Apr 27 13:20:59 BST 2005

This message bounced off the list last time I sent it. Now that is
fixed, and it can go up for posterity.

You may execute chains that require no user inputs from the Web UI.
Look for 'Execute Chain' in the menu.
Over the summer, I'm hoping to extend the Web interface to collect
inputs for any chain. In the meanwhile, you can build custom extensions
to the web interface to support the needs of your users. Someone
familiar with perl and web programming would need up to a week to learn
the core API and build their first extension. After that, it would take
a few hours per additional extension.

You may execute chains that require user inputs, on the command line.
type
	ome help execute
for usage information.

I find this inadequate for executing chains needing complex inputs.
Recently, I have needed to executing complex chains in the course of my
work, and have written custom scripts to assemble inputs and execute
complex chains.
This approach is not general purpose, and we hope to build more
analysis tools in the future.

If you would like to explore OME's functional Analysis System in the
immediate future, try using OME commander to execute simple chains. If
you find yourself needing to assemble many user inputs, I'll send you a
simple example script for executing complex chains.
You can view analysis results in the Web UI. The results aren't
packaged well for display, but you will have full access to all data.

An update from the Goldberg Lab:
This summer a summer student and I are going to work on the Web UI. We
are planning to build a framework that greatly simplifies the process
of extending the Interface to support custom annotation, search, and
display. I'm also planning to fix any remaining Web UI bugs during the
summer.

Josiah