[ome-devel] MRXS with JPEGXR files

alexsavio at gmail.com alexsavio at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 19:22:44 GMT 2017

Thanks Sebastian!

I've read all those twice yesterday. It's a bit frightening. XD

For now I am reading openslide's code for MIRAX and translating it to
Python as an exercise to improve my understanding. Let's see, but from all
the comments I see it doesn't feel like it is just plugging in the jxrlib
to the MIRAX reader in openslide.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Alex

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017, 17:16 Sebastien Besson (Staff), <s.besson at dundee.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> with regard to the format specification, all the public information we
> have has
> been summarised on this Trac ticket [1]. You might also find more
> information
> on the Openslide website [2].
>
> We also published a blog post [3] describing the extreme technical
> challenges
> associated with this format. If you are still interested, our guidelines
> to writing a
> format reader are available at [4].
>
> Best,
> Sebastien
>
> [1] https://trac.openmicroscopy.org/ome/ticket/4121
> [2] http://openslide.org/formats/mirax/
> [3]
> http://blog.openmicroscopy.org/file-formats/community/2016/01/06/format-support/
> [4]
> https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats5.3/developers/reader-guide.html
>
> On 8 Feb 2017, at 23:36, Alexandre Manhaes Savio <alexsavio at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have been reading about the problems you’ve had to open MRXS with JPEGXR
> files. I am very motivated to create a reader for this type of file, even
> if it only allows me to do a slow conversion to a more open format.
>
> I couldn’t find however any source code or pull request that would give me
> hints on how to start reading these damn .DAT files and something already
> done to read the metadata .ini file.
> Is there anything? Could you please point me to it? I would like to give
> it a try.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex
>
> Alexandre Manhães Savio
> PhD, Medical Imaging, Machine Learning
> Klinikum rechts der Isar, TUM, München
> alexsavio.github.io | email: alexsavio at gmail.com

Sent from my phone, sorry for brevity or typos.