[ome-devel] OMERO URLs of original images from a plate

Jäälinoja, Harri Tapio harri.jaalinoja at helsinki.fi
Thu Feb 9 15:36:31 GMT 2017

Hi,

this is continuation of my previous question about browsing a plate with the Java API. I've uploaded a couple of plates, in the database it looks like this:

select id,name from image order by id;

  id  |                              name
------+-----------------------------------------------------------------
    1 | LMU-CELLINSIGHT_170111150001_B03f00d0.C01 [Well B03, Field #00]
 1920 | LMU-CELLINSIGHT_150428120001_B05f00d0.C01 [Well B05, Field #15]
(1920 rows)

So the database only has the merged images of each field in well. The original files are on the OMERO server, but it seems it's not possible to find them with a URL like "omero::iid=123"?

What I have in mind is to pick a plateID and build a corresponding CSV formatted image list for CellProfiler LoadData module (see https://github.com/CellProfiler/CellProfiler/wiki/OMERO:-Accessing-images-from-CellProfiler). Something like:

URL_DAPI,URL_GFP,URL_CY5
omero::iid=123,omero::iid=124,omero::iid=125

(Ideally the image list would exclude fields tagged by the user as imaging errors.)
Is this possible at the moment? If not, would it a reasonable request?

Best,
Harri

---
Harri Jäälinoja