[ome-devel] Crash of OMERO's PixelDataHandler

Niko Ehrenfeuchter nikolaus.ehrenfeuchter at unibas.ch
Mon Aug 29 12:46:21 BST 2016

Hi Josh,

On 29.08.2016 13:05, Josh Moore wrote:
> Kai & Niko,
>
> Thanks for the bug report.
>
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Kai Schleicher
> <kai.schleicher at unibas.ch> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have uploaded one of the images (ID 17318) which leads to the crash as reported by Niko.
>>
>> I used your "send file" option since I did not want to produce the same crash on your demo server - I hope this is ok:
>> http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/feedback/17318/?token=1e90a4571044b5a36e817ca32f3393d5
>
> Thanks for the file. We haven't been able to reproduce the failure
> yet, but we'll keep you posted. (Any server config etc. that's worth
> knowing?)

don't know, what can I send you? bin/omero config get? Any additional
XML configs? Storage setup? ;-)

I'll try to look into this later today!

> Compared to other pyramids you've generated, how long would you
> *expect* this to take?

That's really hard to judge. There's quite some load on the server right
now, plus we're sometimes experiencing some slowness on the storage
side, so I do not have a good feeling about what to expect (with all the
different components influencing the overall computation time for pyramids).

In the end, it might just be caused by the above mentioned storage
slowness, leading to the timeout. Would this be a possible explanation,
i.e. would/could "lockups" of the storage system result in the reported
log messages?

Cheers,
Niko