[ome-devel] Crash of OMERO's PixelDataHandler

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Mon Aug 29 12:05:50 BST 2016

Kai & Niko,

Thanks for the bug report.

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Kai Schleicher
<kai.schleicher at unibas.ch> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have uploaded one of the images (ID 17318) which leads to the crash as reported by Niko.
>
> I used your "send file" option since I did not want to produce the same crash on your demo server - I hope this is ok:
> http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/feedback/17318/?token=1e90a4571044b5a36e817ca32f3393d5

Thanks for the file. We haven't been able to reproduce the failure
yet, but we'll keep you posted. (Any server config etc. that's worth
knowing?)

Until we know more, the first workaround I can think of is to increase
omero.sessions.timeout. See:

    https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5.2/sysadmins/config.html#omero-sessions-timeout

Compared to other pyramids you've generated, how long would you
*expect* this to take?

Cheers,
~Josh.