[ome-devel] copy/move bug?

Niko Ehrenfeuchter nikolaus.ehrenfeuchter at unibas.ch
Thu Feb 6 15:01:59 GMT 2014

Dear Blazej,

On 06.02.2014 13:11, Blazej Pindelski wrote:
>> Dear all,
>
> Hi Niko

[...]
> OMERO doesn't currently support a deep copy of images. The team is
> working on this issue
> (https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/3856), but it's
> complex and touches on many aspects of the data model and server
> implementation. For now we have decided to update the wording of the
> options visible in the clients (.web and .insight) so that they are
> less confusing
> (https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/11880).

I'm a bit confused now - what's the difference then between the "Cut"
and the "Copy" entry in Insight's menu?

For sure I don't want a "deep copy" in the sense of duplicating the raw
data - I'd expect just the opposite. Even a "link type" entry would be
perfectly fine from my perspective, however I'm not sure if the average
user wouldn't be confused too much with this...

> Do you want me to CC you on the tickets so that you receive updates?

This would be very nice indeed!

Thanks,
Niko