[ome-devel] copy/move bug?

Jean-Marie Burel j.burel at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Feb 7 13:51:08 GMT 2014

Hi Niko

The entries in the menu are confusing. Gus went over a full review.
We are renaming to "Cut Link" instead of "Cut" for example.
The "Cut" action as it is, remove the link between the image and the
dataset for example.
The "Copy" action, will keep for example a ref to the source (e.g. Image),
then if it is followed by a "Paste",
A link between the source and the target (e.g. Dataset) will be created.

>For sure I don't want a "deep copy" in the sense of duplicating the raw
>data - I'd expect just the opposite. Even a "link type" entry would be
>perfectly fine from my perspective, however I'm not sure if the average
>user wouldn't be confused too much with this...

Linking objects not in the same group is not possible, that's why you saw
the "move" message.
In order to copy an image to 2 datasets that belong to 2 groups we will
have to have an image entry in each group.

Thanks
Jmarie