[ome-devel] copy/move bug?

Blazej Pindelski b.pindelski at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Feb 6 12:11:23 GMT 2014

> Dear all,

Hi Niko

> I might have found a bug in Insight: just tried to copy an image from a dataset in one group to another dataset in another group via right-click, edit, copy and finally pasting it into the other dataset.
>
> Insight pops up a dialog asking if i'd like to *move* the data, after hitting "yes" the image disappeared from the original dataset (even though I used *copy* there). Repeated the process to make sure I didn't use the wrong menu entries.
>
> Is this intentionally? Or is it a (known?) bug?

OMERO doesn't currently support a deep copy of images. The team is working on this issue (https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/3856), but it's complex
and touches on many aspects of the data model and server implementation.
For now we have decided to update the wording of the options visible in the clients (.web and .insight)
so that they are less confusing (https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/11880).

Do you want me to CC you on the tickets so that you receive updates?

> Apologies if this is already fixed in 4.4.10, we're still on 4.4.9...
>
> Thanks
> Niko

Regards,
Blazej