[ome-devel] Thumbnail_Figure.py

Jerome Avondo jeromeavondo at msn.com
Wed Jan 19 15:07:28 GMT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to replicate/understand the imageID selection behaviour of the Thumbnail_Figure.py script.

Basically I want a script that is able to get the ImageIds either by:

1) A user selects multiple images in a dataset then runs the script,
2) A user selects multiple datasets then runs the script,

>From this I want for 1) all the imageIDs of the selected images, and for 2) all the ImageIDs belonging to the datasets selected.
>From what I have seen the Thumbnail_Figure.py does exactly what I want.

And it does this by having call paths for either Images or Datasets using the "Data_Type" variable.
However I don't understand a few things,

How does the script actually distinguish the Data_Type, as it always seems to be the default value when I run it from the command line, ie with debug output etc, so I can trace whats happening. Even when I give it the ID of an Image it still has Data_Type as a dataset. I'm guessing the command line execution is missing a step that's happening in the GUI/insight execution.

Secondly how come you set the

        scripts.String("Data_Type", optional=False, grouping="1",
            description="The data you want to work with.", values=dataTypes, default="Dataset"),

But this is never shown in the GUI, how does it know to "hide" it, where is this being specified?
Thanks,

Jerome.