[ome-devel] Fwd: experience with OME

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Mon Sep 21 11:13:46 BST 2009

I can concur: Will's scripts rock! Unfortunately, I consistently
forget to show them to people, which is odd because one of the first
questions I get asked by almost any developer is: "where do I find out
more about the model?" When trying to work with the objects and write
queries, docs are critically important.

I typically send people here:

  http://hudson.openmicroscopy.org.uk/job/OMERO/javadoc/

or more specifically:

  http://hudson.openmicroscopy.org.uk/job/OMERO/javadoc/slice2html/omero/model.html

but it's obvious: that's not enough! (by a long shot; nevertheless,
thanks to Andrew for making them much nicer to read.)

One helpful move would be to have all the documentation (for how to
work with the modely in XML, OMERO, ...) in the XSD so that everything
gets generated together.

On the other hand, I don't think we can get past having
simplifications like:

  http://www.ome-xml.org/wiki/ScreenPlateWell

for everything, really. Keeping them in sync is a huge task, though.

Cheers,
~Josh.