[ome-devel] OMERO Django and Apache

Mark Woodbridge m.woodbridge at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 31 11:00:50 BST 2009

Hi,

There has been some discussion on ome-users about enabling access to the
webclient from hosts other than localhost. It looks like webclient is
served using the Django built-in webserver, for which the Django docs
state "DO NOT USE THIS SERVER IN A PRODUCTION SETTING".

We would like to use Apache and mod_python/mod_wsgi as the front end to
the Django app as we already have SSL enabled with this setup and it
will presumably have better performance etc.

Has anyone else tried this? I'm not sure how it fits into the ICE Grid
stuff (if at all). I'm guessing that this would be an unsupported
configuration.

Mark.