[ome-devel] Branching 4.0

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Tue Mar 31 11:00:39 BST 2009

Hello everyone ~

First, thanks for all the feedback on our 4.0.0 release. As always,
there are still things to fix, but it was important to get this latest
version into your hands.

We've beeing planning for our next releases, and wanted to update you.

Hopefully for the end of next week, we'll have a 4.0.1 version with
improved support for Windows and more data types supported by OMERO.fs.
That work will be taking place on the Beta4.0 branch:

  http://svn.openmicroscopy.org.uk/svn/omero/branches/Beta4.0
  http://svn.openmicroscopy.org.uk/svn/shoola/branches/Beta4.0

Work for 4.1 will start in earnest under:

  http://svn.openmicroscopy.org.uk/svn/omero/trunk
  http://svn.openmicroscopy.org.uk/svn/shoola/trunk

which will include a database upgrade and some other dependencies, so
please be careful if you are following trunk. Look there for initial
work on:

 * storing ROIs in the server,
 * an ImageJ plugin for connecting to OMERO,
 * OpenGL support in the client,
 * and improved OmeroPy bindings

~Josh