[ome-users] 100 % CPU Usage on 6 Cores for 3 Days

Andreas Mueller Andreas.Mueller at Biologie.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Thu May 16 13:30:56 BST 2019

  Hi Mark,

  thanks a lot for your work !!

  The surface01OG488_Ste13_01.vsi was imported - one and a half year ago
  - with OMERO 5.3.4. In the mean time we don't touched the image.

  On monday I was searching for a picture for a presentation and I found
  a lot of that old vsi-files. I clicked them all and was woundering
  why the system slows down and got now previews.

  In my htop I found 6 cores with 100%. I tryed to do:

    bin/omero sessions who

  but got no response. So I decided to kill -9 the java process (a
  normal kill didn't work)    # Monday 2pm

  After a

    bin/omero admin restart

  everything seemed to be fine. I guessed that the issue had something
  to do with the vsi-files and so I clicked them again.

  Again:  6 cores with 100%.
  I took my bag and went home; in the next morning: 6 cores 100%.
  (the whole night !!)

  But this time I could made a

    bin/omero admin restart

  After that I wrote the mails to you.