[ome-users] 100 % CPU Usage on 6 Cores for 3 Days

Mark Carroll (Staff) m.t.b.carroll at dundee.ac.uk
Thu May 16 10:50:05 BST 2019

Dear Andreas,

I imported surface01OG488_Ste13_01.vsi into OMERO 5.4.10 and it took an
hour on my laptop to build pyramids but in the end I can view the two
images just fine and play the viewer through the timepoints. The
pyramids wouldn't keep the Blitz process busy though, that'd be the
PixelData thread instead.

I noticed that your Blitz-0.log includes a bunch of KryoException events
about "Encountered unregistered class ID" which I don't see locally. I
don't think those are related to your very busy server though.

I notice that from 2pm Monday the log also notes some warnings from
SelfCorrectingDataSource, following that there is an ongoing series of
BitronixRuntimeException: broadly, from that time onward something seems
to be going badly wrong with your OMERO server's connection to the
database. It may be that restarting either or both would fix the problem
but I appreciate that impact upon your users.

I wish I could pinpoint something that might have caused the problem.
Let's hope it never happens again but if it does then maybe the trigger
will become clearer. I don't suppose anybody else in the community
recognizes this pattern of errors?

-- Mark