[ome-users] prevent normal user login

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Mar 5 12:09:26 GMT 2019

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 1:33 PM Andreas Mueller
<Andreas.Mueller at biologie.uni-osnabrueck.de> wrote:

>   Hi,

Hi Andreas,

>   how can I prevent normal user login to a running omero system
>   (admin's should log in)

There's no single flag for doing this. The best strategy I can think
of is to use the password provider to restrict access. For example, if
all your regular users were coming from LDAP, you could add a filter.
Alternatively, if all your users had their passwords stored in the
database, you could temporarily reset those values. Obviously, such
changes would need to be done carefully. ;)

~Josh

cF. https://docs.openmicroscopy.org/omero/5.4.10/developers/Server/PasswordProvider.html