[ome-users] LDAP Config for PosixGroups

Andreas Mueller Andreas.Mueller at Biologie.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Wed Jan 30 17:08:38 GMT 2019

  Hi Josh,

  yes .. I tried a lot
 _______

   # that's me:

      [root at omero3 ~]# ldapsearch -x uid=andrmuel -LLL
      dn: uid=andrmuel,ou=people,dc=uni-osnabrueck,dc=de
      objectClass: top
      objectClass: uniosAccount
      gidNumber: 301
      uid: andrmuel
       :

  # this group controls the access to our omero:

      [omero at omero3 OMERO.server]$ ldapsearch -x -LLL -D "uid=andrmuel,ou=people,dc=uni-osnabrueck,dc=de" -w ********
      cn=cellnanosomero
      dn: cn=cellnanosomero,ou=groups,dc=uni-osnabrueck,dc=de
      objectClass: posixGroup
      cn: cellnanosomero
      gidNumber: 688
      memberUid: sukunis                           # example person ..
      memberUid: kbernhar                          # example person ..
      memberUid: andrmuel                          # example person ..
       :
       :

  # Every person has the same structure:

    uid=andrmuel,ou=people,dc=uni-osnabrueck,dc=de
    uid=kbernhar,ou=people,dc=uni-osnabrueck,dc=de
    uid=sukunis,ou=people,dc=uni-osnabrueck,dc=de
      :
      :

  # My config:

   omero.ldap.base=dc=uni-osnabrueck,dc=de
   omero.ldap.config=true
   omero.ldap.group_filter=(gidNumber=688)
   omero.ldap.group_mapping=name=cn
   omero.ldap.new_user_group_owner=
   omero.ldap.new_user_group=:query:(memberUid=@{uid})
   omero.ldap.password=
   omero.ldap.referral=ignore
   omero.ldap.sync_on_login=false
   omero.ldap.urls=ldaps://ldap.uni-osnabrueck.de
   omero.ldap.user_filter=(objectClass=uniosAccount)
   omero.ldap.user_mapping=omeName=uid,firstName=givenName,lastName=sn,email=mail
   omero.ldap.username=

   a) I don't understand how omero creates binddn for the password query
      against the ldap-server  (how can I check that?)

   b) The attributes: givenName, sn, mail ..
      can only be read after a successful authentication of the respective user
      against the ldap.

   If I do a:

    [omero at omero3 OMERO.server]$ bin/omero ldap active
    Yes

    [omero at omero3 OMERO.server]$ bin/omero ldap create andrmuel

   I get a:

    not-null property references a null or transient value:
    ome.model.meta.Experimenter.firstName; nested exception is
    org.hibernate.PropertyValueException: not-null property references a
    null or transient value: ome.model.meta.Experimenter.firstName

    I find the same error in the logs if I try to logon over web.

   I hope someone can help me!

     - thanks in advance -

   Andreas