[ome-users] omero Installation without nginx

Andreas Mueller Andreas.Mueller at Biologie.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Thu Jan 24 10:33:50 GMT 2019

  Hi Simon,

  thanks for your mail!

  Ok, got that:  I switched debug to "FALSE".

  I've installed "whitenoise".  That was an easy task:

     pip install ..     and
     config append ..

  - ready.

  And I don't have to worry about a nginx installation. Nice!

  >> Do I run in trouble later if I bring that in production ??

  a nice day for all
  Andreas

  PS: 2 notes:

  - the user omero can not start a service on port 80. I fixed that with
    a local port-forwarding. It's mutch cheaper than a running nginx!

  - whitenoise has troubles with double slashes in a URL '//'. Some
    icon's where broken.

    I fixed that by hardcoding the two files ome.viewportImage.js and
    the file omeroweb.viewer.min.js

  .. I hope that is enought. Hints are welcome :-)