[ome-users] HCS File Format / HDF5

Manuel Stritt manuel.stritt at idorsia.com
Wed Oct 10 07:46:10 BST 2018

Dear all,

we're currently rethinking our high content screening workflow and thus I'm
thinking about a good way to store all data.
My idea is to create one e.g. HDF5 file per plate which contains all the
images + meta data.
Do  have any recommendations regarding that (I think Mario once triggered a
discussion around that topic) ?

If some kind of HDF5 is considered as solution - then still a structure
specification would be needed.
Kai and Nico mentioned the CellH5 format, a flavor of HDF5.
As far as I can see this is supported by bioformats / Omero. However, it's
still unclear how
to pack the output of a e.g. Opera machine into a CellH5 format in a
convenient way.

In addition there was a discussion about an official OME-HDF5 format,
right?
What's the current status for that?

Thanks a lot in advance for any fruitful input for this topic!

Regards,
Manuel

--

The information of this email and in any file transmitted with it is
strictly confidential and may be legally privileged.