[ome-users] OMERO and Samba: Windows vs. POSIX ACLs

Benjamin Schmid benjamin.schmid at fau.de
Fri Nov 23 11:38:46 GMT 2018

Dear all,

I am planning to set up a new OMERO server. We would like to utilize
OMERO.dropbox, and therefore share dropbox folders via Samba. I'm
currently evaluating the different options and was wondering if there
exist any (dis-)advantages of using either Windows or POSIX ACLs in Samba.

Specifically, if there is somebody using actually Windows ACLs for this
purpose, I would be curious how you set folder ownerships/permissions.
Since they should be set from within windows clients, one would not have
access to the local "omero" group on the server, so how would one make
the Dropbox folders make readable by the "omero" group?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Bene

--
Optical Imaging Centre Erlangen