[ome-users] Import plate data from the FEI MORE as screen in OMERO

Kai Schleicher kai.schleicher at unibas.ch
Thu Nov 8 17:39:01 GMT 2018

Hi Mark,

sorry to open this old discussion again, but it is only now that I
finally came around to look into it again.

I collected a new dataset and checked it with respect to the issues you
mentioned.

Please find it for download alongside the working example you provided
some time ago:
https://drive.switch.ch/index.php/s/JzKkw3iiDpluvi2

All references mentioned below are to
"testplate-splitC_noZ_noT_C5_1_C1.xml/.tif" of my new dataset

> * In the XML files there are multiple channels with the same ID. Channel
> IDs are defined by the ome.xsd file as unique keys. (In practice, OMERO
> will unify identical ones on import.)
in the new xml files, channel IDs are now unique (line 132)

> * The second XML file has no WellSample tags tying the field images to
> plate wells.
All xml files now have a unique WellSample tag (eg line 36)

> The provided XML files do not have a UUID,
I found a SA:XMLAnnotation with UUID in line 151, is that it?

> they do not name the image files
I found an entry OME:Image with UUID in line132. In this case, does the
UUID serve as the name as well? Otherwise, the filename entry is really
missing.

> nor do the image files reference their XML file by filename or UUID.
I am not sure if Ichecked at the right place. I opened the *.tif image
with bio-formats with ome xml metadata checked and then compared the
content of the such opened xml with the xml that was saved beside the image.

They appear almost identical. regarding your points:
The XMLAnnotation ID seems to match, but the Image ID does not. In the
image metadata the image ID is "Image:0" , while in the separate xml it
is "Image:807cf434-d32f-4016-983b-1a15bbc5e486". For all subsequent
images the OME-xml metdata read by imagej the image ID is always
Image:0, so that could be a problem I assume...

> * For a multi-file OME-TIFF, as in the example I provided, UUIDs and
> filenames tie the XML file and the field image files together.

I am not sure exactly how to tie these things together, and I realised
that several fields are missing in my image metadadata.

Do you think there is a way to make it work with my files the way they
are right now?
To reproduce the example that you have, I would need to edit the
metadata stored inside each .tif. Is it necessary to do that, and if yes
- how can it be done?

Thank you very much for your help! I apologise for the vague questions,
but I unfortunately do not really have a clear understanding of how
things are supposed to be in this case.

Cheers,
Kai