[ome-users] 12-channel Imaging Mass Cytometry -> OMERO

Sebastien Besson (Staff) s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Nov 1 20:42:27 GMT 2018

Hi Konrad

thanks for sharing a representative example.

First of all, despite their extension, both the 8 and 16 bit raw images are not OME-TIFF but simple
multi-page TIFF files.

It should be possible to combining these stacks into a multi-channel image. This is a typical part of the
curation effort we sometimes do for IDR datasets. The attached picture describes an example of
combining all 12 of them into a rich multi-channel image rendered by OMERO.iviewer.

Obviously a better option would be that the acquisition software exporting the data in a representation that
captures the multi-channel aspect as well as any relevant acquisition metadata. Let us know if
there is a way we can help supporting this goal.

Best,
Sebastien
[cid:61362AE7-7049-44BE-A943-DD6B0A393FAF]