[ome-users] Micro Manager 1.22 broken with Bio-Formats 5.8.x

Stephane Dallongeville stephane.dallongeville at pasteur.fr
Wed May 23 18:17:36 BST 2018

Dear Bio-Formats developers,

Since Bio-Formats 5.8.0, the Multi-D acquisition from Micro-Manager
(version 1.22 and probably previous 1.xx) is not working anymore (it
does not output any image).
This happen when we have Bio-Format (5.8.x) and Micro-Manager inside
ImageJ and it also immediately affects Micro-Manager in Icy as
Bio-Formats is embedded inside it.
I observed the 'tags' from acquired TaggedImage are empty, leading to
that issue.. this wasn't happening with Bio-Formats < 5.8.0.
I wonder how Bio-Formats can interact with MM during Multi-D acquisition
but it definitely seems to do something about it.
I hope it can be fixed as our Micro-Manager users cannot use it anymore
now, in the meantime we will probably rollback to older Bio-Formats
version but it would be nice to benefit from last additions of
Bio-formats in Icy ;)

Best,

--
Stephane Dallongeville