[ome-users] user specific tag search

Mark Carroll m.t.b.carroll at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Jul 13 11:02:21 BST 2018

Dear Kai,

> A user of ours has recently asked me if it would be possible (preferably
> in the webclient) to "Find images with a specific tag but only from a
> specific person of the group."

I don't believe that we currently offer that but I have made a note of
your interest for our UX team to read.

> Could you let me know how I could restrict my search to a specific group
> member? Or would it alternatively be possible to add a "owned by" filter?

It's certainly possible from OMERO.cli, e.g.,

bin/omero hql "SELECT DISTINCT i.id, i.name FROM Image AS i,
ImageAnnotationLink AS l, TagAnnotation AS t WHERE l.parent = i AND
l.child = t AND i.details.owner.omeName = 'some-user-name' AND
t.textValue = 'some tag'"

This is probably also something that we will bear in mind for our
longer-term plan to more fully overhaul search in OMERO.

-- Mark