[ome-users] OMERO.figure: export to PDF fails

Kai Schleicher kai.schleicher at unibas.ch
Tue Jan 23 10:12:11 GMT 2018

Hi Will,

thanks for you quick reply! Please find my answers in-line:

>  I just checked and there’s certainly not a limit of 18 panels on a
> page. Exporting a PDF page with 40 panels worked OK for me.
Thanks for testing.

> Could you let me know your reportlab version?
$ pip freeze | grep reportlab
reportlab==3.4.0

we have a higher version, could that be an issue?

> Also, is this a multi-page figure?
> Are all the panels within a single page?

It is a single-page figure. I also tried dividing the panels on two
pages, but received the same error.

> I wonder if the presence of the 19th panel would cause this bug if
> there were only 1 or 2 of other panels there?
no, if only 1 or 2 panels are there than the 19th does not cause the
bug. In fact it does not matter *which* panels are present or deleted,
it just fails if its more than 18. I will sent you the images in
question in a separate email, maybe you can reproduce the bug this way
on your end.

> If you can reproduce this, especially with a simpler figure that would
> be great.
I did not manage to reproduce it with other data - but I could reproduce
it using the exact same images from the user.

> If you could send me the exported JSON “File > Export as json” that
> fails, and one that doesn’t, that would be handy
> (either privately or remove any private names / details).
I will include the json files in the separate email together with the
images that cause the bug.

Thanks again and cheers,
Kai