[ome-users] bfconvert command

Narapareddy, Mohanapriya mohanapriya.narapareddy at emory.edu
Fri Aug 24 16:09:55 BST 2018

Hello Josh,

This is my dockerfile

FROM alpine:3.5

RUN apk add openjdk8 \

        && mkdir /opt \

        && wget http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/latest/bio-formats5.6/artifacts/bftools.zip \

        && unzip bftools.zip -x '*.bat' -d /opt/ \

        && rm /var/cache/apk/*

ENV PATH $PATH:/opt/bftools/

WORKDIR /tmp

The below is my command

bfconvert -bigtiff -compression LZW OS-1.vsi sample1-%s.tif

Intially when i tried to execute i got the below output:

CellSensReader initializing OS-1.vsi
[CellSens VSI] -> sample-%s.tif [Tagged Image File Format]
Tile size = 512 x 512
Series 0: converted 1/1 planes (100%)
Tile size = 512 x 512
at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:3236)
at java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream.toByteArray(ByteArrayOutputStream.java:191)
at loci.formats.tiff.TiffSaver.writeImage(TiffSaver.java:384)
at loci.formats.tiff.TiffSaver.writeImage(TiffSaver.java:277)
at loci.formats.out.TiffWriter.saveBytes(TiffWriter.java:270)
at loci.formats.tools.ImageConverter.convertTilePlane(ImageConverter.java:748)
at loci.formats.tools.ImageConverter.convertPlane(ImageConverter.java:634)
at loci.formats.tools.ImageConverter.testConvert(ImageConverter.java:563)
at loci.formats.tools.ImageConverter.main(ImageConverter.java:884)

 Later I  tried setting environment variable export BF_MAX_MEM=4g,  but still i am getting the following error.

CellSensReader initializing OS-1.vsi
[CellSens VSI] -> sample1-%s.tif [Tagged Image File Format]
Tile size = 512 x 512
Series 0: converted 1/1 planes (100%)
Tile size = 512 x 512
/opt/bftools/bf.sh: line 77:    33 Killed                  java $BF_FLAGS -cp "$BF_DIR:$BF_CP" $BF_PROG "$@"