[ome-users] hdf5 format huygens

Glyn Nelson glyn.nelson at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Sep 25 12:16:07 BST 2017

Hi Vita, and other Huygens users,

Regarding your question:
-
I would like to ask when BioFormats plan to start supporting h5 file which are generated by the Huygens software? We just recently had a course with 16 participants, where they learned how to use Huygens and after that the participants wanted to open their images in Fiji/ImageJ, but unfortunately Fiji/ImageJ does not support h5 format. I was told by SVI, that I can contact you about this issue.
-
As a user of Huygens and ImageJ/ Fiji, I get round the problem by saving out as ics2 file format from Huygens.  This file format maintains all the metadata and image bitdepth, and is supported in bioformats.

A better workaround which would be less work for everyone would be if Huygens allowed you to choose your default save file format: it always defaults to h5.  I have requested SVI for this as a feature, but it hasn’t happened so far.

Best wishes,

Glyn