[ome-users] HTD files on OMERO

Mark Carroll m.t.b.carroll at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Oct 2 10:25:38 BST 2017

Dear Laurent,

> She has uploaded 2 channels, multi position, multi well HTD files to
> OMERO. But now, since we're having problem with OMERO/CellProfiler
> communiciation, she wanted to download her files to analyze manually but
> can only *Export* and not *Download as raw*. She tried exporting to tif
> her data but there a couple of weird things happening:

Yes, export will be based on something more like a rendering of the
original image data and much acquisition metadata is not yet preserved
in that export process. Plate download is disabled by default but can be
enabled via the OMERO's server's binary access configuration as at,

https://docs.openmicroscopy.org/latest/omero5.3/sysadmins/config.html#omero-policy-binary-access

So, +plate would be needed and can even be added on a per-group basis to
enable download of the original imported files. Does this help? If not,
could you tell us a little more about exactly what the user is trying
with which software and how it is blocking her?

-- Mark