[ome-users] Release of OMERO.iviewer 0.1.0

Jean-Marie Burel (Staff) j.burel at dundee.ac.uk
Thu May 25 10:31:48 BST 2017

Dear All,

Today we are releasing our first official version of OMERO.iviewer: an OMERO.web app for
visualizing images in OMERO.

The internal image viewer of OMERO.iviewer is based on OpenLayers 3 [1]

This 0.1.0 version is still work-in-progress and some areas
are likely to be modified.
We have already a good number of tasks planned for our next release [2].

This version includes:

 - availability from PyPI
 - support for 'Open With' functionality
 - support for non-tiled and tiled images
 - ability to adjust rendering settings
 - support for lookup tables and reverse intensity rendering
 - support for histograms
 - save rendering settings
 - display images in the same dataset as the selected image on left-hand panel
 - display time information
 - draggable scalebar
 - support for panning
 - smooth zooming
 - support for rotation
 - ability to draw regions of interest
 - shapes can be attached to a given plane, a given z or t or none
 - ability to copy/paste rois between images
 - save regions of interests

For installation instruction go to:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/omero-iviewer/

To know more, watch an intro video: https://youtu.be/FQD540TTwFg