[ome-users] Position of scenes in CZI files

David Gault (Staff) d.gault at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Jul 27 16:35:11 BST 2017

Hi Nicholas,

I have been able to take a look at the submitted file and can see the metadata values that you mentioned. Typically Bio-Formats always works with positions from the top left of the image so these Centre Position metadata values are not ones which we have parsed before.

Taking a look at the PositionX and PositionY values on the Plane and these have a unit of ReferenceFrame which is not what I would have expected. There was a fix recently to improve the parsing of these values which included updating the units to micron https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/pull/2881. Comparing it to the CenterPosition from the global metadata and I too am unsure exactly how this value relates or what units it is in (my guess would also have been microns). I have opened a card on the Bio-Formats Trello inbox (https://trello.com/c/x5ihZ1WS/163-czi-positionx-and-positiony-values) to follow up and continue this investigation to ensure that the position values are being populated correctly here.

With Thanks,
David Gault