[ome-users] OMERO username and password

Dominik Lindner (Staff) d.lindner at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Feb 28 13:33:20 GMT 2017

Hi Qi,

just to make sure that we're not missing something in the documenation I just installed 5.2.7 on a Windows 2012 server VM, which was working fine.

Could you check the following things:
- There are two Java entries in your PATH variable. Could you go to the location "C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath" (ProgramData is hidden,
so just copy/paste the path into the navigation bar in the windows explorer) and make sure it exists (there should be three files in the directory, java, javaw and javaws).
If the directory exists, remove the entry "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_65\bin;" from your PATH variable.
- You don't have the ICE directory in your PATH. Did you download and extract ICE? If not, do so. And add "C:\Ice-3.5.1\bin;" (in case you extracted it to C:\Ice-3.5.1) to your PATH.
- Also make sure you add a system variable PYTHONPATH which points to ICE's python directory (C:\Ice-3.5.1\python; ) in case you missed that.
- And just to get sure, check that you run the "omero config" commands with the right usernames and passwords! According to your screenshots, your omero user is testOmero and your database is also called testOmero , and the password is whatever you set for the testOmero login role in the "Database setup" step.

Regards,
Dominik