[ome-users] List expected files in omero data Files/ and omero scripts

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Mon Sep 19 11:48:55 BST 2016

Tag,

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 5:08 PM, Carnë Draug <carandraug+dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 September 2016 at 10:44, "Colin Blackburn"

...snip...

> But this still won't work.  If a python script is an attachment to an image
> it will go into the originalfile table, have a 'text/x-python' mimetype'
> and a originalfile.path value, be stored in Files/, but would still be
> filtered out by that query.  How can I distinguish between an old script
> whose repo value has been cleared after an omero upgrade (and therefore
> won't be in Files/) and a script file that was attached to an image?

I'm unsure of the use case "python script attached to an image" but
would be happy to hear more if you think this is worthwhile.

That being said, I think your concern can be simplified down to, "how
can I distinguish between an old script whose repo value has been
cleared and a user-uploaded script?" -- You can't. The official
scripts which are in the ScriptRepo have their repo removed since the
files have been overwritten. i.e. they no longer exist as files.
However, deleting them from the DB is not desired since certain
results will be linked to their execution. The point you raise is that
what we *should have done* is copy the script into OriginalFile, but
unfortunately, we did not.

When it comes to scripts, there will apparently need to be manual
intervention. Comparing who created the scripts (old official scripts
will be created as root) may help you limit the number of false
positives.

Chees,
~Josh.