[ome-users] List expected files in omero data Files/ and omero scripts

Mark Carroll m.t.b.carroll at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Sep 15 14:25:16 BST 2016

On 09/14/2016 04:08 PM, Carnë Draug wrote:
> On 14 September 2016 at 10:44, "Colin Blackburn"
> <C.Blackburn at dundee.ac.uk> wrote:
(snip)
>> I may have missed some potential candidates for Files/ but I'm sure Josh
>> will be along soon to add those if that is the case!
>
> But given an arbitrary omero database, how can I distinguish between rows
> in the originalfile table that should be in Files and rows that should be
> somewhere else?

I'm honestly not sure that you can with any reliability: I don't think
it was designed with this in mind. The scripts issue alone (replace a
script then delete its replacement) is confounding, I don't think the
event log would retain enough information to unpick that.

(snip)
>> Have you looked at investigating the problem the other way around, more
>> like cleanse? Collecting the candidate Ids from the file names under
>> Files/ and then looking at the rows in the table that don't match these
>> files?
>>

> No, because we are trying to work around an issue with that approach.
> Given an omero database, validate the omero data directory.
(snip)

A mismatch between cleanse's results and your draft query might help
pick out the kind of original file that the query isn't yet accounting for.

Josh has been off at NEUBIAS this week; perhaps he knows something more
definitive / helpful. Sorry this is turning out to be trickier than one
might have initially hoped.

Cheers,

Mark