[ome-users] Indexing never completes to 100%

Rainer Poehlmann rainer.poehlmann at unibas.ch
Thu Oct 6 14:54:41 BST 2016

Hi all,

we recently had to manually trigger a full background re-indexing including the deletion of the contents of the FullText
subdirectory as described in the OMERO Administrator manual. Reason for this was that certain searches did not show the
expected results any more, most likely caused by an "unfriendly" (=forced) shutdown of the OMERO services.

After the manual background re-indexing, search results re-appeared. So, from a functional point of view everything
seemed to be fine again.

However, the question I have is that since this background re-indexing we never ever received a value of "100% Percent
indexed" again. The SQL query to check for percentage of index completion at maximum returns 99.99%, e.g.:

At 2016-10-06 15:35:42+02, Percent indexed: 99.99%

In addition, I can see some of the following entries in the "Indexer-0.log" file:

2016-10-03 14:25:25,076 ERROR [        ome.services.util.ServiceHandler] (2-thread-4) Method interface
ome.services.util.Executor$Work.doWork invocation took 137220

Is this anything we should worry about? Any input/hint would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your help, best regards,
-Rainer

--
Rainer Pöhlmann | Research IT | Biozentrum, University of Basel | Klingelbergstrasse 50-70 | CH-4056 Basel
Phone: +41 61 267 20 76 | Email: rainer.poehlmann at unibas.ch | www.biozentrum.unibas.ch | www.isb-sib.ch