[ome-users] Release of OMERO 5.2.3

Helen Flynn (Staff) h.flynn at dundee.ac.uk
Wed May 4 12:58:49 BST 2016

Dear All,

Today we are releasing OMERO 5.2.3, a bug-fix release. Improvements include:

  *   fixed problem with float images
  *   all scripts currently exposed to users via our website have been reviewed and fixed where necessary so they are all now 5.2.x compatible, and a new omero-install workflow has been developed to ensure these are reviewed regularly going forward
  *   better support for metadata annotations in clients including tag/tagset support and performance issues
  *   fixes in OMERO.web for deleting MIFs
  *   improvements to the navigation of large datasets and display of plates in OMERO.web
  *   other OMERO.web bug fixes
  *   OMERO.insight and CLI import improvements
  *   other OMERO.insight bug fixes, including for downloading data

 Developer updates include:

  *   Java gateway improvements

System administrator updates include:

  *   Ice 3.6.2 support for UNIX-like systems, including specific installation walkthroughs
  *   redis support for websessions caching
  *   a fix to allow OMERO.web to be run in a Docker container
  *   improved OMERO.web configuration
  *   warnings added regarding the end of Windows support in the 5.3.0 release[1] (note that we will be preparing a guide for migrating from Windows for existing servers and adding it to the documentation as soon as we can)

This release also upgrades the version of Bio-Formats which OMERO uses to
5.1.9. For more information see https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats5.1/about/whats-new.html.

The software is available at:
http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/omero/5.2.3

Upgrade information is at http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5.2/sysadmins/server-upgrade.html.